- Insurers, including Medicare, may not pay or reimburse for some holistic services including some tests and diagnostics. They may consider several of the testing models that we propose as “investigational”, “not medically necessary”, “not validated” or “not US based” and for these or other reasons may not provide coverage for these tests.
- Regardless of the policies of non-coverage by insurers and Medicare, we, among many other holistic practitioners, rely on “non-traditional” testing models to collect expanded information for managing complex medical problems. In our experience, obtaining expanded information provides significant benefit to our patients as it allows a more complete clinical evaluation.
- In the event that your insurer or Medicare does not provide coverage for a test, and you agree to proceed with the proposed testing, you are responsible for all payments for the services that were provided by us and/or the laboratories to you.
- Testing for Lyme and Tick-Borne Disease Spectrum, Biotoxin and Mold Illness may be considered controversial and will likely remain the same in the future until the science in this area will evolve.
- With regard to Lyme and Tick-Borne Disease Spectrum, there are clearly two school of thoughts in this area: the traditional model of testing as proposed by CDC and IDSA (Infectious Disease Society of America) and the testing model used by the majority of physicians trained by ILADS (International Lyme and Associated Disease Society). IGENEX and Advanced Lab are examples of labs used by ILADS trained physicians. Results of these labs may not be acceptable by university-based or traditional infectious disease physicians.
- Dr. Farshid Rahbar, Rahbar Medical Group, Inc., and Los Angeles Integrative Gastroenterology & Nutrition, Inc. have no financial interest or ownership with any laboratory.
- Laboratories will not honor “test cancellation” after the specimen has started to be processed.
Check out our complete list of fees and services. CLICK HERE TO SEE MENU OF FEES AND SERVICES!