Dr. Rahbar has been invited to speak at different educational meetings from Universities to Global Conferences.
- In May of 2015, Dr. Rahbar gave a lecture on Manifestations and Management of GI Disorders in Lyme Disease. Click here to see the conference program.
- In June of 2015, he gave a brief presentation at the NUNM SIBO Conference in Portland, Oregon, directed by Dr. Allison Siebecker, ND. In this brief presentation, Dr. Rahbar shared his experience at LA Integrative Gastroenterology in difficult to control SIBO patients and methane producers, and how these clinical scenarios may be related to underlying Lyme and possibly other tick borne illnesses.
- In October of 2015, Dr. Rahbar spoke at the ILADS Conference in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Click here to see the conference program.
- On June 5, 2016, Dr. Farshid Sam Rahbar presented at the SIBO Conference, NUNM in Portland, Oregon. He spoke about GI Manifestations and Pattern Recognition in Lyme and Common Tick-Borne Illnesses.
There is significant controversy as whether Lyme and other co-infections can present as chronic persistent infections. In addition, there is little written as whether these “persistent infections” can present primarily with digestive manifestations and SIBO. Our experience in a Los Angeles gastroenterology practice speaks strongly of the observations that these infections can indeed present predominantly with GI manifestations. Several specific patterns of SIBO, with or without presence of vinculin/CDTb antibodies, suggest immune suppression and may be part of these manifestations. Clinicians may consider expanding their differential diagnosis to include these stealth infections when dealing with patients with recalcitrant or inflammatory type symptoms. Click here to see the presentation.
- The SIBO Doctor Podcast 8: SIBO and Lyme Disease – Dr Farshid Rahbar, holistic and integrative gastroenterologist in Los Angeles, joins Dr Nirala Jacobi to speak about Lyme disease and Tick Borne Disease (TBD) in relation to SIBO and other digestive disorders. Dr Rahbar is the medical director at the LA Integrative Gastroenterology.