Medicare Patients – Please read all of the following:
- LA Integrative is not contracted with Medicare. Dr. Rahbar has opted out of Medicare as of 04/01/2023.
- We no longer submit claims to Medicare nor provide a superbill for patients to claim from Medicare.
- A Holistic interview brings the opportunity for accessing additional information in the advancing years of our lives.
- Medicare does not reimburse for our Holistic services including some tests and diagnostics. In addition, medical insurers may not include our services as a covered benefit. We do not file claims with Medicare under LA Integrative Gastroenterology & Nutrition, nor do we provide a receipt to submit to Medicare. Medicare patients should not expect any amount to be reimbursed by Medicare.
- LA Integrative Gastroenterology & Nutrition is not a Medicare provider.
- For Intestinal Breath Testing, CPT Code 91065 (Hydrogen or Methane Breath Test) we do not bill Medicare nor do we provide a superbill or codes to submit a claim to Medicare. You may be presented with an ABN (Advanced Beneficiary Notice of Non-Payment) Form.
- Medicare patients who are interested in receiving services through LA Integrative Gastroenterology & Nutrition need to review and sign an ABN form (Advance Beneficiary Notice of Non-Payment). Signing an ABN form is not a guarantee that you will be accepted to LA Integrative Gastroenterology & Nutrition. Please see below.
- To review an ABN form, please send an email inquiry with your contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will forward the ABN form to you by mail, email or fax.
- If you are an established patient, these forms are in Your Patient Portal. Once logged in to Your Patient Portal, click on My health on the left bar, then on the top bar click on Medical forms and the ABN Forms for Medicare Patients are there for you to sign electronically. If you are not an established patient, please send us a request by email or mail.
- If you do understand that we do not bill Medicare, and you cannot expect to receive reimbursement from Medicare, please check the appropriate box under “OPTION” (Option 2) and sign the ABN form and send it to our office (by mail, fax, or e-mail attachment).
- We cannot accept you under LA Integrative Gastroenterology & Nutrition if you select OPTION 1, simply because we do not file claims with Medicare under this entity.
- Once we receive your signed ABN, we will determine if we can offer you an appointment under LA Integrative Gastroenterology & Nutrition.
- We cannot establish a doctor-patient relationship by just signing an ABN form. Additional steps are needed.
- If you are expecting Medicare to reimburse you for services you receive through LA Integrative Gastroenterology & Nutrition then please consider that this is not the right choice for you.
Contact Los Angeles Integrative Gastroenterology & Nutrition
At LA Integrative Gastroenterology & Nutrition, our doctors are experts in combining Western and Eastern Medicine in a unique and natural “whole-body” approach.