This information is here for you to develop a sense of whether our services are right for you and to get to know our practice. Please read through ALL of the items below to get to know us better.
- LA Integrative Gastroenterology, Inc. was established in February of 2009. Dr. Rahbar has practiced functional medicine since early 2007.
- Our greatest satisfaction is the realization that our patients achieve health benefits by receiving our services. Positive outcomes and customer satisfaction remain our main goals.
- A key factor to achieving health goals is active patient participation in their everyday health as well as interaction with their physician.
- Farshid Sam Rahbar, MD, FACP, ABIHM, is the founder of LA Integrative Gastroenterology & Nutrition, Inc. – A Holistic & Integrative Gastroenterology Practice. Expanded training beyond traditional Western Medicine is necessary to deliver these additional services.
- The practice of medicine, particularly Functional and Anti-Aging Medicine, is extremely complex. Despite all efforts, one cannot expect “guaranteed” outcomes. Patients should not expect “quick fixes” to “chronic problems”, though we have seen excellent results with most of our patients. We do not guarantee any treatment results or outcomes.
- At LA Integrative Gastroenterology & Nutrition, we incorporate comprehensive nutritional assessments, hormone evaluations, Functional Medicine Approach and Anti-Aging Disciplines into the caring of patients with digestive and other disorders. We customize the diagnostic & treatment approach for each patient. These services are generally available only to those patients entering into an agreement with LA Integrative Gastroenterology & Nutrition.
- LA Integrative Gastroenterology & Nutrition is designed to provide a more Comprehensive Diagnostic and Integrative Service for those seeking more time with their physician and more physiological approaches to their health conditions.
- LA Integrative Gastroenterology & Nutrition is a unique consultative gastroenterology practice aiming to meet the needs of patients and health-care practitioners seeking alternatives through comprehensive and innovative approaches to digestive care.
- LA Integrative Gastroenterology & Nutrition is not contracted with any insurance company.
- For ANALYTICAL SERVICES, we require payment at the time of service. To learn about our fees, please visit our FEES page.
- For TECHNICAL SERVICES such as an Endoscopy or Colonoscopy, or Intestinal Breath Testing, we have created simple arrangements to assist our patients with payment for these services, using their insurance whenever possible. We check the insurance benefits to see how best a patient’s insurance can be used for payment for services. We will then provide our patients with one or more options whenever possible.
- Since each individual is unique, if you remain uncertain as what service might be right for you and what the costs will be, we invite you to pay for your initial evaluation, during which the physician will make specific recommendations about your next steps and potential costs associated with tests and treatment approaches. Some services may be covered under insurance.
- Farshid Sam Rahbar, MD, personally, is not contracted with any insurance company.
- Anti-Aging Disciplines, Functional Medicine Approaches, Comprehensive Hormone Evaluation, Customized Nutrition, and Alternative Therapies are generally available only to those patients who have entered into an agreement with LA Integrative Gastroenterology & Nutrition. Please click here to see our office agreement.
- LA Integrative Gastroenterology & Nutrition, Inc. is not a “Primary Care” practice.. We encourage patients to have their own primary care physician. We would be happy to communicate your results with your primary care physician/internist at your request.
- Finally, we believe you should ask yourself, “is a holistic approach the right choice for me? Do I have the discipline, interest, and resources to explore approaches beyond traditional medicine?”
- For first appointments: If you are a “no show”, our system will permanently block you from future appointments.
Medicare Patients – Please continue reading all of the following:
Contact Los Angeles Integrative Gastroenterology & Nutrition
At LA Integrative Gastroenterology & Nutrition, our doctors are experts in combining Western and Eastern Medicine in a unique and natural “whole-body” approach.