Our Platform (AthenaHealth) Patient Portal Website Policy
Patient Portal: A secure messaging service that is intended to facilitate dialogue regarding your health matters.
1- Qualified Patients: You must meet the following criteria to be able to use the Patient Portal:
a. Must have a valid personal email account. We recommend that you do not use a “company email.”
b. Must be an established patient, or have an upcoming appointment, if New Patient.
2- Benefits of Patient Portal:
a) Access to some parts of your electronic health records (EHR).
b) Access to all or some parts of your recent labs and diagnostics.
c) Access to Vital Signs summary from your visits recorded in EHR.
d) Access to Secure Messaging with our office.
e) Access to Your Profile to ensure that we have your correct demographics.
f) Access to Your Profile to ensure that we have your updated email address.
g) Access to Request Medication Refills.
h) Access to making requests such as medical records, appointments, referrals, etc.
i) Access to upcoming appointments.
j) Access to Bill Pay to view and securely Pay your Bill online
3- Disclaimers–MUST READ
• We, as your healthcare team, may send you messages, test results, and other communications via Patient Portal as authorized at the sole discretion of your physician. These messages may contain information vital to your health and medical care. It is your responsibility to monitor these messages. By entering your valid and functional email address at registration, you have enabled us to notify you of messages sent to your Patient Portal Inbox.
• DO NOT USE PATIENT PORTAL, EMAIL (OR FAX) FOR ANY URGENT INQUIRY. IF YOUR INQUIRY CANNOT WAIT FOR MORE THAN 24 HOURS, PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE IF YOU HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL 911. IT MAY TAKE MORE THAN 2 DAYS TO RESPOND TO AN ELECTRONIC-SENT INQUIRY. PLEASE BE BRIEF AND SPECIFIC IN YOUR INQUIRY. BASED ON THE NATURE AND EXTENT OF YOUR INQUIRY, WE MAY RECOMMEND AN OFFICE OR TELEPHONE VISIT. A FEE MAY APPLY WHEN A PHYSICIAN’S OPINION IS REQUIRED. IF YOU ARE NOT AN ESTABLISHED PATIENT, ANY CORRESPONDENCE THROUGH ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION DOES NOT CREATE A DOCTOR-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP.
4- Accessing Patient Portal
By accessing or using the Patient Portal, you confirm that you agree to these terms and conditions. If you don’t agree, don’t use the Patient Portal. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you acknowledge that you are at least 18 years of age or legally emancipated and that you are requesting access to Patient Portal. You acknowledge that Patient Portal is offered as a courtesy to our patients and agree that we may limit or discontinue your use of Patient Portal at any time for any reason.
A standard agreement will be presented to you by our vendor athenahealth, Inc., before being enrolled in the Patient Portal. Please review before signing.
6- Your Responsibilities
• Patient Portal is a communication service offered as a convenience to our patients. We reserve the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which Patient Portal operates. By accessing or using Patient Portal, you further agree that any and all such modifications are effective and binding upon you immediately upon posting of the modified version. We reserve the right in the future to charge a fee for the use of Patient Portal. You will be notified in advance of any such change and asked to re-apply if you agree to the cost and wish to continue with the Patient Portal service.
• You understand that by accepting the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you agree to receive your patient balance statements delivered electronically to your Patient Portal account. You have the option at any time to revert to receiving your patient balance statements as paper statements sent to you via U.S. Mail. You may exercise that option by checking the appropriate checkbox located at the bottom of the Billing Tab in Patient Portal under “Patient Preferences.”
• You agree NOT to use Patient Portal to post or send or post any illicit or offensive material or use derogatory language. Courtesy in communication is always appreciated.